|Department of Counselling and Psychology Course Outline|
|Course Title||Psychological Assessment|
|Number of Credits||3|
|Duration of Weeks||15|
|Contact Hours Per Week||2 hours Lecture; 1 hour Tutorial|
|Pre-requisite Course(s)||PSY100 Introductory Psychology|
This course is designed to introduce students to the concepts and types of assessment tools in the field of psychology, as well as the ethical guidelines in the use of psychological assessment from a multicultural perspective. The course also helps student develop a critical and creative mindset in understanding human behaviours both quantitatively and qualitatively.
|Course Intended Learning Outcomes (CILOS)||
After completing the course, students will be able to:
1. recognize the various approaches to psychological assessment;
2. critically evaluate strengths and weaknesses of various psychological assessment tools;
3. obtain fundamental knowledge in using psychological assessment professionally and ethically;
4. recognize the influence of cultural factors on the process of psychological assessment;
5. integrate psychological assessment data into the therapeutic process.
For Reference Only
© 2020 Department of Counselling & Psychology, Hong Kong Shue Yan University