|Department of Counselling and Psychology Course Outline|
|Course Title||Motivation and Learning|
|Number of Credits||3|
|Duration of Weeks||15|
|Contact Hours Per Week||2 hours Lecture; 1 hour Tutorial|
PSY100 Introductory Psychology
The course aims at introducing students theories and empirical studies in human learning and motivation. Concerning motivation-related themes, this course covers various topics in drives, instincts, goals, self-control, self-regulation, emotion and motivation, and etc. In addition, the course is aimed at developing students’ abilities to explore people’s conceptual or behavioural changes from the perspective of their motivation. In lectures and tutorials, students are encouraged to apply motivational theories to the local context and their daily lives.
|Course Intended Learning Outcomes (CILOS)||
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. master major theories and concepts of human motivation and learning.
2. apply theoretical knowledge in motivation to explaining daily events.
3. develop an awareness of motivation in learning and other activities.
4. apply theoretical knowledge to reflecting one’s own personal control and self-regulation.
5. explore motivation and learning in counselling setting or empirical studies.
For Reference Only
© 2020 Department of Counselling & Psychology, Hong Kong Shue Yan University