|Department of Counselling and Psychology Course Outline|
|Course Title||Industrial and Organizational Psychology|
|Number of Credits||3|
|Duration of Weeks||15|
|Contact Hours Per Week||2 hours Lecture; 1 hour Tutorial|
|Pre-requisite Course(s)||PSY100 Introductory Psychology|
This course aims to illustrate how psychologists improve both the effectiveness of work systems and the well-being of employees by using psychological principles, and to equip students to apply theoretical approaches and empirical evidence in organizational settings.
|Course Intended Learning Outcomes (CILOS)||
After completing the course, students should be able to:
1. recognize and apply fundamental concepts of industrial and organizational psychology to analyze and manage selected organizational issues.
2. conduct basic research activities in organizational settings;
3. analyze and solve different organizational or interpersonal problems in workplace;
4. identify different factors that affect employees’ well-being;
5. enhance positive attitudes and behaviours in the workplace.
For Reference Only
© 2020 Department of Counselling & Psychology, Hong Kong Shue Yan University