|Department of Counselling and Psychology Course Outline|
|Course Title||Introductory Psychology|
|Number of Credits||3|
|Duration of Weeks||15|
|Contact Hours Per Week||2 hours Lecture; 1 hour Tutorial|
This course aims to provide a panoramic view on the versatility and diversity in psychology. Students will be introduced to the major findings, theories and controversies in this field.
|Course Intended Learning Outcomes (CILOS)||
After completing the course, students should be able to:
1. recognize and identify major schools and perspectives in psychology;
2. clearly differentiate between various research methods in psychology;
3. name major theories in various fields of psychology;
4. apply the skills of critical analysis;
5. work effectively as part of a team;
6. use in-text citations, quotation marks correctly and create a reference list conforming to APA style criteria.
For Reference Only