|Department of Counselling and Psychology Course outline|
|Programme||Doctor of Psychology in Counselling Psychology|
|Course Title||Advanced Skills in Research Methods in Counselling Psychology|
|Number of Credits||3|
|Duration of Weeks||15|
|Contact Hours Per Week||3 hours|
This course aims at introducing students to advanced research skills in Counselling Psychology. Departmental colleagues with different specialties will introduce advanced statistical and research methods, such as structural equation modelling, multivariate analyses, behavioural observation, electrophysiological techniques, and ethnographic skills. Students learn to evaluate the strengths and limitations of these techniques and design their own research studies with measures and assessment tools of various modalities.
|Course Intended Learning Outcomes (CILOS)||
After completing the course, students will be able to:
1. Evaluate the strengths and limitations of various research methodologies;
2. Choose appropriate research methodologies and statistical/qualitative analyses when designing their own studies;
3. Address the ethical concerns of research studies in clinical settings;
4. Write a formal research proposal; and
5. Analyse and interpret different sorts of data.
For Reference Only
© 2020 Department of Counselling & Psychology, Hong Kong Shue Yan University